Frequently Asked Questions
Updated 13 Oct 2022
General Safe Management Measures
1) What is the capacity limit for a place of worship at any one time?
There are no capacity limits for worship services or activities. ROs will have to adhere to prevailing occupant load requirements under fire safety rules. As of 10 October 2022, the requirement for Vaccination Differentiated SMMs (VDS) is fully lifted.
2) Are we allowed to conduct AGMs and other social activities at Places of Worship?
AGMs and other social activities can be held at places of worship. For more details, please refer to MOM’s advisory.
3) Is sanitising of the premises after worship services still mandatory?
Although not mandatory, we encourage ROs to continue regular cleaning, especially for the shared items and to ventilate the venue after use.
ROs are encouraged to apply for the SG Clean Quality Mark.
4) Is ART still a requirement for singers or persons playing wind/brass instruments?
ART is no longer required for personnel involved in live performance. There is no need for performers/crew to be fully vaccinated to sing or play instruments that require intentional expulsion of air, in line with lifting of workforce vaccination measures that will also take effect from 26 April.
5) Can we have singing and other live performance elements during religious classes?
Singing in religious classes without masks on is permitted.
Consumption of Food & Drinks
6) Can food be served at Places of worship?
Consumption of Food and Beverages are allowed in places of worship.
From 30 Apr 2022, self-serve buffet lines are permitted subject to the necessary SMMs i.e., provide hand sanitisers (containing at least 60% alcohol) or disposable gloves for its patrons. ROs are strongly encouraged to remind worshippers to sanitise their hands or use the disposable gloves.